This new version will be shipped to all of our new and existing customer within 24 hours (lifetime free upgrade). Please honk if you haven’t received your copy in 24 hours
The key features and defect fixes in this release are:
1. Translator Plugin Pro can now also be used on localhost to allow you to test it before deployment.
2. Translator Pro is now strict XHTML 1.0 compliant.
3. We have improved the performance by reducing pre-processing time. Additionally the code size is smaller too.
4. We fixed a defect in rewrite rule which prevented posts slugs ending with es or de from being translated.
5. Now you can specifically include file extensions to translate. Previously any file extensions were erroneously assumed suitable for translation, which creates problem with file types like zip or mp3. By default only (virtual) files without extensions, directories and files with .htm and .html are translated.
6. The class names of first and second row of translator in long format has been changed to tgTranslatorFirstRow and tgTranslatorSecondRow respectively.
7. The original user agent passed by the browser is now used to fetch the pages (helps themes which uses the user agent to serve different stylesheets like Wuhan) as well as passed to translation engines. Previously Internet Explorer user agent was used in all cases.
8. We changed all generated html code to use single quotes. This is a nicety. I like clean code.
9. We have stopped trying to translate feeds. Feeds have a xml structure and translator engines cannot properly translate them. In version 4.0 we have plans to try to individually translate feed items and construct the feed for translated versions.